New to Year 3 September 2020
Welcome to Uplands
We are very aware that the transition arrangements for new Year 3 this year are very different to normal and that this impacts upon you and your child.
We want to reassure you that we will do all that we can in September to make this transition as smooth as possible.
We have a website that is filled with information you may find useful-the new to Year 3 tab is especially relevant.
We also have a school Facebook page that we use extensively to showcase school life-please follow and “like” us if you are able
Arrangements for the first day of term
· Term begins on Wednesday 2nd September for all pupils including new Year 3
· There will be a flexible drop off anywhere between 8:30-8:50am at both our front and back gate
· I will be on duty at the front gate and Mrs Walker (our Deputy Head) will be at the back gate
· We usually ask parents to leave their child at the main gates to allow them to come on site alone but for the first 3 days we are inviting you to accompany your child through the main gate and to the second gate-please do not go on to our playground. This will allow you to see them go on to our playground area where they will be met by the Year 3 staff team. At the end of the first week we will see how things are and if we need to continue this arrangement for all, some or a few pupils then we will until they feel more settled
· From the playground your child will be directed to their classrooms where they will be looked after and cared for
· Uniforms will need to be worn (we have offered a no uniform policy during lockdown for any children coming to school)
· Your child can either bring a packed lunch or have a hot meal
· We are a cashless school and you will need an account with Simms pay-our office staff will help you with this
· Initially Year 3 pupils will finish school at 3pm under the staggered exit arrangements (normally 3:15pm). You can collect from either front or back gate but please make sure your child knows where they are going to be collected from. We request that just 1 adult comes to collect and that as soon as you have your child you move away from our gate area as soon as possible to enable other year groups to exit
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact school. Myself or my Deputy are on site every day until the end of term (July 17th) and then I will check the school emails every 2 weeks during the school holidays.
We look forward to welcoming both you and your child at the start of their Key Stage 2 journey.